intro

Welcome to the CRAFT-y Corner of my Web!
A place for my Workings, my Weavings ...
oh, and my more mundane crafts as well.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Herbalism: Mullein leaf Draught - Pt2

Well, the infusion was allowed to steep all day and overnight as Kara came home from work to show that her bug had resurfaced as a laryngitis, meaning that I had to maintain the focus on the throat for the night with Rosehip syrup - 1Tbsp for the Vitamin C kick added to the usual Elderberry Syrup and Peppermint leaf & Elder flower flu buster tea.

The upside of this is that the infusion has had the time to steep the maximum amount of the good stuff from the Mullein leaf as it could possibly have needed ... resulting in a very nice dark brown end product. Since Kara insisted in going to work today (thank goodness she has the next 4 days off to rest), I won't be able to dose her with it until she gets home, I strained it before putting it into jars and then popping it into the refrigerator where it will keep for about a week if not used.

I gathered the jelly bag, bowl, glass thermos, and
thermos pitcher in preparation for straining.

Strained Mullein Infusion in all it's dark brown glory.

Jarred and ready for refrigeration.
I'll be back this evening to post Part 3 ... how to use the infusion.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment