intro

Welcome to the CRAFT-y Corner of my Web!
A place for my Workings, my Weavings ...
oh, and my more mundane crafts as well.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baking: Lembas

I finally got around to making the Lembas recipe.

I'd had to wait till Kara could get me a cookie sheet (there wasn't one in the suite) before I could attempt this recipe. She came home with a broiling pan ... not quite what I needed, but I figured I could make it work.

Mixing the ingredients.

Fresh out of the oven.

Cooled and ready to eat.
They came out rather lighter than I'd expected for the amount of dry ingredients that went into it and how dense the dough had been going into the oven. The most interesting part about them was how filling they were without being heavy ... just a bit on the dry side (goes down well with tea) and just sweet enough to be tasty.

I'll be trying this recipe again soon ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment