intro

Welcome to the CRAFT-y Corner of my Web!
A place for my Workings, my Weavings ...
oh, and my more mundane crafts as well.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Chainmail - Die bag progress ^_^

Well, got started working on Sheri's die bag yesterday ... had a couple of false starts with the weave before I managed to figure out how to properly interlock which rings with which. That sorted itself out readily enough and within about 30 minutes I was making progress.
Got my first 6 rows done and then decided to weave in
some copper rings to add a little colour and character
to the finished product. 



Work continues today, with the weave growing, layer by layer, into a fairly nice sized sheet.

Being that I'm spending the next two weeks babysitting the Bailey dog while Rachel is in Montreal having her operation, I've got plenty of time to work on this. I'd be surprised if I didn't have it done by the end of tomorrow but, being that this is my first one and I still have the trickiest part to go ... the bottom ... I'm going to say "Don't quote me on that". ^_~

The 3 row copper stripe is clearly visible as the
weaving progresses below it.

Two hours later and the weave is becoming sizable.

More to come later ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment